Monday, March 14, 2011

Moving on from Wonderland

"Tut, tut, child! Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it."
-The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

For the past three months I have been down the rabbit hole in a place filled with real characters. And while sipping tea with the Queen and Cheshire Cat, while trying not to lose my head, I wrote a few goals down for when I found my way home. Here they are:

Professional Goals:
1. Raise rates to the level of a mature writer. I'm no longer a beginner, and it's time I got fair wages.
2. Ask the Oasis Camel Dairy if they need a writer for any of their PR material. I love camels and they're not that far away! 
3. Find a print publication for the best article I have ever written. It's done, I need to find it a good home.
4. Enroll in the multimedia reporting class that I put off for rabbit hole-spelunking. 
5. Find another writing gig - I have my hopes up for a wedding website and an interview is in the works!

Personal Goals:
1. Spend a day walking around Fullerton, and shop at Roadkill - this amazing vintage clothing store - when I've lost another 8 pounds.
2. Sunbathe as much as possible. Vitamin D is the new 'It' cure for everything.
3. Exercise every day. I'm loading my iPod with NPR stories now.
4. Get down to my goal weight, only another 10 pounds! Must achieve by friend's wedding.
5. Start cooking for my dear boyfriend again. I haven't cooked in weeks and lived off of cold pizza for the last five days. I don't know what my poor boyfriend has been doing for food.

More later - looks like I'm heading back to Wonderland, and it's quite different from how it was last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment