Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The small Success

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. -- Robert Collier

Forgive the motivational-speakerness of the above quote, but it fits the theme for today. I can report an unequivocated success in one of my goals: I have a delicious tan.

I say "delicious" because it is the color of caramel and it makes me happy. And proud. Because I did this. I have not, however, lost an ounce of weight - mostly because I've been cooking every day. Boeuf Bourguignon, pork enchiladas, Caribbean curries, apple pie, marinara sauce out of tomatoes from farmers markets and vegetable stands in the country is my list of excuses. But this got me thinking about why I've had success in this one tiny area of tanning. It's not hard to figure out: I devote an hour a few days a week to lying out in the sun. I'm very regimented about it. I commit to it and make it a priority. If I can manage to do that with the rest of my goals, I think I might have similar results after a month of steadfast efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment