Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Horoscope

You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny. - Maitri Upanishads

According to my mother, there was a Virgo report on Daytime this morning that "Virgos have gone through 2 horrible years that will end on Halloween. An obstacle will be removed from their career path and it will be a great year."

As much as I think it's important to be the active force in determining my future, I do kinda believe in horoscopes. Silly, and completely illogical though they are. But take a look at my horoscope from my last birthday:

August 28, 2008 Horoscope for Virgo:Romance, friendships and a social whirl is the motivating factor in your life. You will have an exciting vacation and a possible job change with new projects and putting important ideas into motion.

It turned out to be completely true. I went to England and Kauai last year with my boyfriend, Charles. And as for the last half of that sentence "a possible job change with new projects and putting important ideas into motion," that describes last year in a nutshell.

On my birthday this year, my horoscope seems to coincide with the above prediction: If Aug 28 is your Birthday, you are at the top of your game during December and February, especially where your long-term objectives and business dreams are concerned. Since you are willing to play fairly with others, they will be happy to accommodate your wishes.

I'm posting these for two reasons: 1. So I can check back after October 31st and see if they were right, and 2. Because they help motivate me to keep working. And I need some motivation right now. I'm sitting in a very messy apartment (the aftermath of making enchiladas last night) with an enormous To Do list in front of me that does not include writing or anything personally productive. Ok, cleaning and watering is productive, but it doesn't do anything to further my longterm goals. Funny, my horoscope for today did not predict housework...

No comments:

Post a Comment